Sunday, June 19, 2011

She Wore an Itsy Bitsy Pink Polka Dot Bikini.


Yesterday was an amazing Saturday.  I was up at 6:30 am.  I made my 3egg white, spinach, and pepper omelet.  I packed my after work-out protein shake and my lunch.  I was at the gym by 7:30.  I made it through 60 minutes of Cycle.  The usual Sat morning instructor was volunteering at Ragnar so we had a sub.  I loved her technique.  She kept us moving through an imaginary bike ride.  Big right and left turns to work our sides and I loved the 3 minutes intervals with a constant progression of incline.  It was Epic. I conquered 26 miles with out leaving the room.

I had a great time with Janabanana at Ikea and I got exactly what I needed for my killer night stand.(A post to follow soon)  I then Finished getting unpacked at the new place.  
After my long list of to-do's were marked off, I spent a delicious hour at the pool, soaking up the sun and stretching out my muscles in the water.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have had a problem with being vulnerable.  I only want people to see the best in me.  In someways its being good at P.R.  Its projecting a positive image.  But it has also been exhausting trying to be perfect.  This is wear the Bikini comes in.  I have the cutest Pink Polka Dot Bikini.  I got the top last summer but always covered it with a tank top.  I didnt even dare buy the bottoms.  Well, for the sake of being brave, a couple weeks back I saw a pink stripped bikini bottom, with the exact shade of pink as my top and without giving in to my fear...went to the check out counter. 
So yesterday when my room-mate said "lets go to the pool" I had a mini panic attack.  All of my other swim suits were packed away.  I stood there in the mirror staring at the cutest swimsuit I have ever owned, wondering if I could do it.  The funny thing about this battle is that wearing a tankini really doesn't make me look any thinner, it just adds more fabric.  So why was this so hard for me?  

Hard or not, I walked out there.  Every step was beyond uncomfortable. But I did it anyway and loved the feeling of the my skin soaking up the sun.  But most importantly I loved the feeling of being weightless in the water without being weighed down by layers of hiding... I mean fabric. 
I am doing the things that scare me and just embracing my body where I am at.  It was completely uncomfortable.  But It was also empowering.

My Itsy Bitsy Teeny Tiny Pink Polka Dot Bikini make me happy just looking at it and that is what matters when I walk out to the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment