Thursday, June 23, 2011

Breakfast Salad.

If ever there were an addiction to have, breakfast salads would be it.  I started eating breakfast salads a couple weeks ago and I am HOOKED! 
What is a breakfast salad you ask?  No, it doesn't have scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, or hasbrowns on it. 

A breakfast salad just caters to my sweet breakfast palate.  I use some "greener" salad mix, a heaping handful of baby spinach, red, yellow, and orange peppers, cucumbers, BLUEBERRIES and the soy nut mixture I snagged from Costco that has soy nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries, a little feta cheese on top, and a light raspberry vinaigrette.
It is the perfect breakfast;  clean, refreshing, it has all the right textures, crunch, chewy, crisp, and most importantly, It is satisfying. 

I change it up a bit depending on what I have.  I don't always put cucumber on it. Sometimes I add mandarin oranges. The only set rule is NO TOMATOES.  I ordinarily love tomatoes but it just doesn't work for me on the breakfast salad. 

Breakfast Salad is healthy and balanced, I get my protein from the soy energy mix, plus the salad is full of good carbs, and a little fat from the dressing.  

Salad for breakfast is the best thing I have ever thought of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment