Sunday, June 19, 2011

Casa de Sugarhouse.

I have died and gone to rental heaven.  And since I hate moving so deeply, I hope this heaven lasts for the foreseeable future.   My friend needed a roommate for his Condo in Sugarhouse and I jumped at the opportunity.  Not only is it a killer deal financially but it kicks ass in so many different ways. 
Location, location, location for one, I have so many empty walls to decorate, we both love to cook, it is quiet and peaceful, and the pool is Fe-nominal...seriously its the best community pool I have ever beheld. 

As excited as I am about Casa de Sugarhouse, I will miss the Toolen farm with all the excitement and love I felt there.  April and Josh are amazing friends!  I loved that after being together for 4 months, we never had a fight or disagreement.  They both were so incredibly generous and thoughtful.

I think the best part of Casa de Sugarhouse is that I dont feel like Im in someone's space.  My roommate and I have an equal share in the place. Even if it isn't true, it feels that way.

My roommate was showing me some pictures from the riots up in Canada earlier in the week.  We joked about enlarging one of the pictures for our living room wall, so I took initiative and made it happen.  Here is the pictures:




 I loved the picture as soon as I saw it. I love that all the chaos is out of focus but the passionate kiss is in focus.  I love the color scheme.  I love the symbolism.  I will post pictures once it is framed on the wall too.

The other little project that I am stoked about is my headboard/ nightstand.

Its a work in progress but I just loved the two Lack wall shelves I picked up from Ikea a year ago and decided to go get two more. 
One of the very few good things about moving is that you get to take all the things you own and come up with something new.  Its fun for a person like me, who loves to decorate.

No comments:

Post a Comment