Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Glorious Action and Noble Risk

If I had to pick one quote to describe my Christmas morning snowshoe adventure it would be this:

One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action, and filled with noble risks, is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum.
-Sir Walter Scott

I just love snowshoeing. I love the challenge, the feeling of accomplishment after its over, and getting to see an untouched winter wonderland.




Going down the mountain was especially fun. With big clunky snow shoes on, it was inevitable that I got my feet tangled and took a few spills. I wish I could say that I got back up gracefully, but that would be just a big fat lie. I got back up each time with much help and flailing about. The last spill was especially hysterical as I couldn't stop laughing and therefore spent a couple minutes sinking, upside down, deeper and deeper into unpacked snow. I had more fun falling and clumsily making my way back up than I can remember. I felt like a little kid playing in the snow. It was Glorious! It was Epic. It was an amazing way to spend my Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment