Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Needed This-6 Secrets of Skinny People

This morning I got up before the sun to get to my trainers by 6am.  As I drove to her gym, I retraced my weekend in my mind and winced a few times. 
At week 4 of the competition, I was in the lead again. So this weekend I thought...I can cheat a little, this cookie wont make a big difference.  But that one cookie Friday night turned into a weekend worth of cheats. 
So with Heidi by my side, I stepped on her scale.  It didnt lie, I gained a 1/2 LBS.  A half a pound isnt anything to get my panies in a bunch over and isnt going to keep me from winning this competition, but it just reaffirms what I already knew. Eating un-processed, nutritiously rich foods makes me feel good and helps my body run properly.  Eating that weekend worth of cheats gave me nothing but regret. 


As if Livestrong.com knew exactly what I needed, they sent me an email newsletter this morning.  The top article was 6 Secrets of Skinny People.
I loved it so Im going to share the highlights:
1.) Always Be Prepared.
2.) Snack When You’re Hungry.
3.) Be Calorie Conscious.
4.) Indulge & Then Get Back on Track-  (Ding, ding, ding...I really needed this one.)

5.) Do Something Daily

6.) Stay the Course

So today I am getting back on track.  Letting go of the regret and just moving forward.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment