Tuesday, July 12, 2011

To Market, To Market


This past Saturday I debuted my cakeball business at the Downtown Farmers Market.  It was amazing, exhausting, exciting, fun, and did I mention exhausting?!   I loved every second of it, but I'll go over the highlights. 
I felt so blessed to have such amazing friends show up to support me in this endeavour; Jana helped me all day and then Jessica, Amy, Stacy, Matt, Dan F and so many of his friends, Gabalicious and Indi.  This string of people kept me going.  I loved talking with people, at one point I mentioned I had a day job, he asked me what I do for a living.  So I told him about my day job and then said " and "I Hustle my cakeballs on the side."  That is exactly what I did. I totally Hustled.  Every person that walked by I smiled and attempted to engage them in conversation about my cakeballs.  I was amazed at how that is really all it took.  By the end of the day I was beat, but I had a really cute guy start talking with me.  I mentioned that my Cap'n Crunch cakeball was my original ccreation, which is hard to do these days.  He looked me square in the eyes, smiled, and said " I seriously doubt you have a hard time being original."  For whatever reason, his comment completely made my day.    I'm hoping he comes back for another cakeball.  I will be back at the market Next Saturday July 23rd.  Stop by my booth and say hi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment