Monday, November 17, 2008

Hippy Heaven!


Sunday night I attended a fund raiser dinner for an animal sanctuary called the Ching Farm. They do this Vegan Thanksgiving dinner every year. This was my very first, entirely vegan dinner.
It was "hippy heaven!" I had some seriously funny conversations and the whole time I was there I wanted to shout "I am not a hippy, I'm not!" I must admit though...I loved being surrounded by liberals for once. There was a hysterical moment where my ride parked clear out at the back of the parking lot for fear of retaliation from the crazies inside because apparently leather seats could have been just the thing to send the activist right over the edge.

The turkey wasn't actually turkey. It was a made of a what they called Seitan. They pronounced it much more like the word Satan, so as you can imagine, I was a little hesitant to want to eat it.
But truthfully, It was much more tasty than I ever thought possible. I enjoyed the company and had a blast talking with such level headed, sensible, liberals, who shared my views on what makes this country great...(see prop 8 blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment