Thursday, November 6, 2008

The most difficult things


I know my self better than anyone else. I know my flaws, I know my strengths. And luckily, I have two amazing tattoos that help to remind me of what I need to remember the most. My first tat is a conji for "Fearless Heart," the second is my cherry blossoms. Here is a part of the blog I wrote about getting my cherry blossom tattoo almost two years ago:

"The cherry blossom, in Japanese culture, symbolizes the transience of life. Life is constantly changing and moving. Just as the cherry blossoms bloom and then die, so does everything else in life. I am constantly trying to hold on to things and people, especially when those things and people make me happy. But as I look back, I realize that people are constantly coming and going in my life and its impossible to keep things still. It has been hard for me to accept that, friends who once played a huge role in my life, sometimes walk away. Most of the time though, people are just pulled in different direction by the currents of their own lives and no matter how hard I have tried, its impossible to keep people for drifting away. Things change, relationships change, and life is always changing. People come in to our lives and leave us the gifts of love, companionship, laughter, mischief, tears, and heart-ache. All of which lets us know we are alive. For me, the lesson of the cherry blossom is to enjoy the "bloom" of things because the flower never lasts forever."
I put two of the most difficult things for me , permanently on my body. I needed to be reminded, especially when my heart is shattered, how many wonderful gifts have come into my life because I took a chance with my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment