Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Heart Summer Crazy Mad

I have always loved the summer, I mean really?...whats not to love about summer.  Its warm, people are out and about, there are endless opportunities to do things.  Its by far my favorite time of year.  But this year, might just be my favorite summer of all time.  I have a swimming pool for starters.  I have spent at least a couple days every week, soaking up the delicious sunshine and warmth at my pool aka the Flamingo.  But its more than just the pool that has made this summer spectacular.  I've been trying to put my finger on in and what I keep coming back to is that I am really making an effort to LIVE it up.  I feel like if this summer had a theme it would be...go big or go home.   I have been adventurous, trying new things, taking chances, working hard, and working out.

I competed in A Whole New U Salon and Fitness'  weight loss challenge and WON!!!!!!   Which basically means that if I can win that.... I can do anything.  I lost 14 LBS and 4.8 % body fat in 6 weeks.

I have spent my last couple Saturdays at the Farmers Market...hustln' my cakeballs.  Its been a blast.  I cant put into words how good it feels to have wonderful friends who show up to support me in my endeavor. 

Now that I'm 30, I've purposely done a few reckless and immature things just to prove I'm still young.  I broke my pool rules and went for a midnight swim with a super hot guy.  It was pretty ridiculous, I was so worried we would get caught.  I even had an exit strategy all worked out in case we got busted.  But we didn't. 
I also participated in a glow stick fight while camping.  I was wrapped up in an intense game of fetch with my friend Aaron's dog Shady, when it was suggested that we use the glow stick instead of the wood stick because It was dark.  I thought said suggestion was brilliant, that is until Shady started gnawing on it.  He punctured a hole and the "glow" started leaking out.  Apparently it is non-toxic....and so the glow stick war began.  In the end, our little piece of wilderness, Aaron, Gab, Indi, Shady, and I were all covered in glowing goo.  I wish had taken a picture.
It reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:  One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action and filled with noble risk, is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum.

I have had so many of these special little hours sprinkled throughout my summer that give my life both breadth and depth, that make me feel young and free, moments that I know someday I will look back on with a smile. 
And the best part is that my summer isnt over yet.  Another big adventure starts tomorrow....Portland here  I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment