Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby Shower Heaven

I had the pleasure of hosting two baby showers this weekend with the help of my wonderful aunt Jana and Cousin Tori. I had asked Jana if we could do Aaron and Iryna's shower in her back yard and since her and Tori were already planning Nicole's baby shower, we decided to combine efforts.  It was awesome! I loved having people I love working together doing what I love.
As I prepared for the baby showers, planning color schemes, making little tutu's for my little niece Sia, shopping for Nicole's little man and finding the perfect little outfits for Sia, I couldn't help but be filled with pure joy and excitement.  I can't wait to meet my little niece, to hold her, and shower her with love. 
I have also been so touched and proud of my little brother Aaron. He has grown up into such an incredibly loyal, sweet, compassionate, and doting husband and soon to be Father.  I get a little choked up thinking about it. 
I really admire Iryna's devotion to her and little Sia's health. I'm sure it hasn't been easy, but she just keep at it.  Oh and her rockn' it in a bikini the other day while 8 months pregnant. I'm so impressed and she looked beautiful.
Back to the shower, since we were doing a baby shower for both a baby girl and baby boy, we went with more neutral colors.  Thank goodness Iryna doesn't like pink.  We had peach, orange, aqua, and teal tablecloths and balloons. 
We made Rootbeer, Cap'n Crunch, Pina Colada, and Spice Cakeballs.  Every single one of the cakeballs were gone at both showers.  Jana made an Asian Coleslaw and fresh spring veggie pizza.  I made a spinach strawberry salad and the chicken salad sandwiches. Tori made an amazing pasta salad and helped me with all the cakeballs. 
The weather was perfect. Jana's backyard was beautiful with a few late season flowers still holding their bloom.  The food was great.  And the best part, 20 of the most loving, generous, supportive, and positive friends and family. 
It was such a good day, Iryna and Aaron both thought so too.
Here are some of my favorite pics



No comments:

Post a Comment