Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My new bedroom situation!


I have a couple of passions in life and decorating is one of them. I know its a typical girl thing but I love being creative and I love color. My bedroom has been seriously neglected for a while now. I kind of just got lost in the routine of things. But with my old life's routine so severely disrupted, I noticed how LAME my bedroom looked. The very first thing I did was rearrange the the furniture. I put my bed at an angle in the corner, but was kind of freaked out by the open space behind my head board. I came up with a fabulous solution; a tension wire/ hanging hook set up from Ikea and some beautiful, aqua blue, sheer, curtains I found on clearance. I had my favorite handy-man, Jimmy, come over and help set it up. I also acquired a fuzzy, shimmery, brown body pillow. It looks great with the blues. To top it all off, I made a really cute 16x20 stretched canvas that says "Sweet Dreams" and I used little pictures of all the things that give me sweet dreams around as a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment