Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Greatest Compliment


"Imitation is the sincerest of flattery."
-- Charles Caleb Colton

When Nissa first mentioned that her two little girls were playing, by pretending to be me, I didn't really believe it. (Sorry Nissa, I wont doubt again.) That was until I witnessed it for myself. It was a night like any other, Ian and Jimmy were having "band practice" on the Wii, while Nissa and I were busy plotting Heritage Makers world domination. Every few minutes I would hear my name coming from the room where little Brooklyn and Emma were playing. I finally got up to investigate and from the hallway, I watched them play. Just as Nissa had said, there they were, two little "mini twinnies," pretending to be me, with a purse under one arm and their sassy shoes on. It was so flattering.

The story doesn't end there. About a week ago I stopped over to show my Twinnie, Nissa, the new cloths I had just purchased, (On sale for 30% off and 50% off clearance, boy do I love a good sale!)

It was just us girls at home since the men were off at a Jazz game, so I decided to try on my new cloths to show my BFF. Little Emma periodically appeared in the doorway watching but didn't say much, that is until she bounced into the door way wearing brightly striped red and pink pants, a purple shirt, and a gold star belt, and her mommy's heels. She picked out the magical outfit all by herself. It was the most precious thing ever!!!!


Nissa and I told her how beautiful she looked, she skipped off with glee to show her big sister. A few moments later she came back in to the room deflated. She said "Brook told me my outfit Isn't beautiful!" I said to Emma "In life, there will always be people who tell you that who you are or what you love isn't beautiful, but they are wrong! You do and wear what you love."
Ok, so maybe my comment was a a bit deep for the pre-schooler but thats me...sometimes Im a little deep....sometimes I am mushy.....sometimes I say "I love you" A LOT!!!! Because thats who I am and what I think is beautiful.

Emma's Fashion Show continued for about an hour. With the help of her big sister Brooklyn, Emma introduced a swimming suit line, her fall line, and they wrapped things up with lots and lots of belts. All in all, Its was seriously The Greatest Compliment EVER!!!
























No comments:

Post a Comment